The Lennox Bridge Portal project is as much about providing foreshore access along the Parramatta River as it is a restoration project of a significant and much loved piece of Parramatta’s history. The portals give walkers and bike riders an opportunity to pass through the bridge as a cross section through time, passing through the 1935 DMR extension to the 1830 convict built structure, while the remains of the pier of the 1806 Gaol Bridge have been preserved under the floor of the northern portal for future generations. An extensive record of the discoveries and works untaken is available through this website